» Honors and Endorsements
Honors and Endorsements
- Voted “Best Democratic Representative” three of the last four years in The Arizona Capitol Times.
- Named as one of Phoenix’s “Forty Under 40″ in 2012.
- Named “Best of Class” by The Arizona Republic in 2010.
- One of the first elected officials to be selected nationwide to participate in the NewDEAL Leaders of America – a group of leaders aimed at turning around our economy with common sense, progressive values.
- Recipient of the Arizona Disability Advocacy Coalition’s 2009 Liberty Copper Canyon Award.
- Named one of Arizona Technology Council’s “Top Tech Ten” legislators in both 2008 and 2009.
- Honored as a “Legislative Champion” by the Arizona League of Cities and Towns in 2010.
- Reach Out and Read Arizona’s Early Literacy Leader of the Year in 2007.
- Named a “Hometown Hero” by the City of Phoenix for his anti-graffiti work.
- Named to the Sierra Club’s 2007 “Top of the Class” list.
- Named to the League of Conservation Voters “Honor Roll”.
- Honored by the Arizona Federal, State, County, and Municipal Employees for his fight to protect custodian’s jobs with the State of Arizona.
- Alumni of the prestigious American Council of Young Political Leaders program.
- Voted by his peers to serve in House Leadership in only his second term.
- Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton
- Former Arizona Attorney General Terry Goddard
- House Assistant Democratic Leader Steve Farley
- House Assistant Democratic Whip Anna Tovar
- State Senator David Lujan
- State Representative Katie Hobbs
- State Representative Lela Alston
- State Representative Ruben Gallego
- State Representative Ed Ableser
- Phoenix City Councilman Michael Nowakowski
- Arizona Education Association
- Professional Firefighters of Arizona
- Planned Parenthood
- United Food and Commercial Workers Local 99
- Arizona AFL-CIO
- Sierra Club, Grand Canyon Chapter
- Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association